Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Corn or tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mash avocados. Gently stir in the corn, beans, tomato, lemon juice, onion, jalapeno, garlic and salt. Serve immediately with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 72 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 26, 2013
This is a great & easy recipe that goes great with so many things. I did add a dash of ground cumin & I substituted red onions for green to give even more variety in color to an already colorful dish.
May 24, 2012
If it's "Oh so colorful..." then why does it not have a picture to present that?