- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pine nuts, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork. Stir in the beans, corn, red pepper, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts if desired.
3/4 cup: 245 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.