Confetti Couscous Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pine nuts, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork. Stir in the beans, corn, red pepper, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 245 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Jan 2, 2016
Fantastic recipe! And so simple.
May 20, 2014
So yummy. I added 1/3 cup feta which made it just perfect.
Dec 19, 2012
Im sorry I only rated it a two stars, its worth five!! Oh my! It was a instant hit with the family. Im making cookbooks for my kids, and both requested a copy of this for their cookbooks.
Dec 19, 2012
Havent tried it yet..made it to go with dinner tonight....so I will be rating it after. I didnt realize it called for black beans I used white kidney beans. My 15 year old asked what I had made because it smelled so good.
Sep 13, 2010
Recipe is great. Tastes wonderful warm or cold. I needed to add extra lime juice and olive oil to prevent drying out.
Sep 7, 2010
This recipe is good, but I think I prefer the Summer Garden Couscous Salad over it. I bet the two recipes could be combined for a really great salad!
Aug 12, 2010
This was a wonderful side! I loved the great textures and the cilantro added a fresh, cool flavor that made it hard to pass up.
Aug 2, 2010
This is a good one. I'll definitely make it again.
Jul 29, 2010
I love this recipe!!!!
Jul 23, 2010
Very tasty. We tossed in some feta and had this as a vegetarian meal. Leftovers were great the next day.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.