Kelly Thornberry of La Porte, Indiana suggests, "This pretty salad is a snap to fix and has a pleasant crunch."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4 % cottage cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Cottage Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p18