Confetti Corn Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. In a large skillet, saute carrot in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the corn, water chestnuts, red pepper and parsley; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 140 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Confetti Corn
"Simple, flavorful, and colorful side dish. We omitted the water chestnuts, and added butter, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. It was the perfect accompaniment to chicken quesadillas. We will definitely be adding this dish to our family recipe book."