Confetti Corn Skillet
Fresh corn is one of summer’s best veggies. After loads have been harvested, we indulge in that sweet taste of boiled corn on the cob. There’s so much that we end up freezing a lot, and this southwestern side dish is a tasty way to put it to good use. Store-bought frozen corn yields good results, too. —Dana Sheppard, Millen, GA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped habanero pepper, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute the corn, onion, green pepper, pimientos and habanero, if desired, in drippings until corn is lightly browned. Stir in salt and pepper. Top with bacon; garnish with cilantro if desired.