Confetti Corn Quesadillas Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 10 flour or whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- Sour cream, salsa and guacamole, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- 2. Lightly brush oil over one side of each tortilla. Place two tortillas, oil side down, on a griddle. Spread 1/2 cup cheese mixture over half of each tortilla; fold over. Cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Cut into wedges. Repeat. If desired, cut a small hole in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Fill bag with sour cream. Pipe spiderweb pattern over quesadillas. Serve with salsa and guacamole if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 293 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.