I shared this recipe with a friend a while back. Now we kid about who will make it when we're attending the same event! No matter who brings the salad, it's always a hit at get-togethers. -Doreen Storz Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 25 Surprising Ways to Use Jiffy Mix
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, cilantro, peppers, onion, jalapeno if desired and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, chili powder and sugar. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Bean Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p37
Reviews forConfetti Bean Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2015
"Great recipe! We make it all the time now!"
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2014
"Excellent! Does anyone know if this can be frozen? Or jarred? Thank you!"
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2014
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2014