Confetti Bean Chili
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, simmer onion in broth for 5 minutes. Add next six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 178 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Dec 9, 2012
We have made this several times now, and it never lasts long. A nice change of pace from a heavy tomato sauce base to a chili, and full of flavors.
Jul 26, 2008
The recipe sound very delicious, but my question is how can a recipe has black beans, kidney beans, and garbanzo beans have 0 fiber listed. All of these beans are high in fiber.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.