- 1 can (15 ounces) cut green beans, drained or 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained or 2 cups cooked fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup saltine crumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine beans, corn, soup, sour cream, cheese and onion. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine butter, crumbs and almonds; sprinkle over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCompany Vegetable Casserole
"Oh, yuck!!! I followed this to the letter and it was bland, bland. I had too much for the original casserole bowl, so cooked the extra for our dinner and it wouldn't get hot in the middle (i.e., don't bake this in a cass. bowl), so continued cooking till it was done. It was MUSH. Again, yuck. At company dinner next day added herbs & S & P, & cooked it in 9x11, & at 40 min. it was hot in center so set it on table. Not mush this time, but BLAND, BLAND. Three quarters of it was thrown out because you can't reheat it or it'll turn to mush, ditto freezing it, so it is one bad recipe. Normally anything with sour cream is going to be good, but this was a mega fail."
"Loved this! I did change it a bit though. First, I used fresh green beans and I steamed them for about 9 minutes before putting them in the mix. I also did only 1 cup of frozen corn, then did a cup of fresh peas that I happened to use (didn't cook these at all beforehand). I used a little less chopped onion as well. Also, instead of the saltines and almonds, I used herbed stuffing (the kind that is more crumbly than cubed). This was the best part! The stuffing was SO good on top of this. I would definitely recommend!"
"Evpicky eaters love this! A standard at family get - togethers"
"I made this recipe exactly the way it calls for and it turned out absolutely delicious!!! I am very picky with veggies and this was so good I wanted to eat the whole dish by myself!"
"Just to clarify...I don't cut the amount of green beans in half. I cut each green bean itself. :)"
"What a great new recipe to add to my recipe book. Very simple and delicious. I substituted a splash of 1/2 & 1/2 for the sour cream (my husband does not like sour cream) and added a 1/2 cup of fresh diced mushrooms. I also omitted the almonds. Definately a keeper -"
"VERY GOOD!!! i used fresh green beans - steamed them first till tender crisp."