- 8 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large onions, quartered, divided
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups white wine or additional chicken broth
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine 5 tablespoons butter, minced garlic, poultry seasoning and minced rosemary and thyme. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; rub butter mixture under the skin. Rub remaining butter over skin of turkey. Sprinkle salt and pepper over turkey and inside cavity.
- Place two onions, garlic cloves and rosemary and thyme sprigs inside the cavity. Place turkey on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Pour broth and wine into pan. Add celery, carrots and remaining onion.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before slicing. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forCompany's Coming Turkey
"this is so perfect for my meal tonight"