- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add cheeses, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCompany Mac and Cheese
"This mac and cheese is soo creamy and good. Perfect comfort food!!"
"It was very creamy but bland. I added garlic salt and extra cheddar to help give it more flavour. Next time I will add Old or Sharp cheddar and cut back on the cream cheese."
"Loved it!! Very tastey."
"This is one of my favorite macaroni & cheese recipes, always so creamy."
"Great dinner for any day of the week! Love this mac and cheese!"
"This is the only macaroni and cheese recipe you'll ever need! A hit for dinner, any night of the week."
"I had never bothered to make homemade mac & cheese before, and am really glad I made this! It is awesome! Super creamy. At first I thought there was too much sauce for the noodles but that's what makes it creamy and rich. Added lots of bacon to make it a main dish."
"5 stars for taste and texture! I did not top with breadcrumbs and bake because we don't care for our mac and cheese like this. It was too creamy, but again this could be in part because I did not bake. I already did use about 1/2 cup extra macaroni as I anticipated this. I will make it again with additional pasta. It was very easy, yet creamy and delicious."
"This is my splurge....the creamiest mac & cheese I've ever had! Can't get enough"
"My favorite mac and cheese recipe. Cream cheese and cheddar. Yum"