- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add cheeses, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCompany Mac and Cheese
"This was not good or at least my idea of Mac and Cheese. The cream cheese along with the flour butter, made it like paste. I added more and more milk to get the consistency thinner, but to no use. I literally threw it out. The raccoons liked it!"
"My family loves this Mac and cheese. We may not always use elbow macaroni and we always use panko instead of bread crumbs for a crisper top, but otherwise it stays pretty much the same. Never any leftovers."
"quick to fix and my grandsons (8 & 10) really liked it."
"I use Hickory smoked Gruyere in place of the cheddar and add shredded extra sharp cheddar to the top instead of bread crumbs. After the 15-20 minutes in the oven i stick it under broil on Hi for 3-4 min just to brown and crisp the top layer of cheese a bit. It comes out incredible."
"This mac and cheese is INSANELY good! I did change some stuff though. I melted all of the butter and whisked it with rice flour instead of all purpose, then added the milk in and heated it until it was thick. After the milk was thickened, I put cream cheese and pepperjack cheese in until melted. I used rice pasta, and I made 16 ounces of it to mix in with the sauce. Literally the BEST mac and cheese I have ever tasted. Instead of salting the sauce, I put a bunch of salt in the water for boiling the pasta. I didn't even need to add extra salt to the sauce. YUM!!!"
"This mac and cheese is soo creamy and good. Perfect comfort food!!"
"It was very creamy but bland. I added garlic salt and extra cheddar to help give it more flavour. Next time I will add Old or Sharp cheddar and cut back on the cream cheese."
"This is one of my favorite macaroni & cheese recipes, always so creamy."
"Great dinner for any day of the week! Love this mac and cheese!"
"This is the only macaroni and cheese recipe you'll ever need! A hit for dinner, any night of the week."