Company Green Beans
Top off these green beans with onion rings or toasted bread crumbs for an even fancier side dish.—Rhonda Hogan, Eugene, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole potatoes, drained and quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add beans and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until beans are tender. Add potatoes and heat through. Drain. Sprinkle with garlic powder and bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 96 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Company Green Beans in Country Woman January/February 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.