Company Chicken with Artichokes
“This recipe from my son is one of our most popular family meals,” writes Shirley Lough from Northglenn, Colorado. The speedy chicken and artichoke combination is easy, but elegant enough for company and perfect for last-minute guests.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, sage and pepper. Remove 1 tablespoon to a small bowl and set aside. Add chicken to bag, two pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the artichokes, mushrooms and broth. Add wine to reserved flour mixture until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 278 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Company Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.