- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, sage and pepper. Remove 1 tablespoon to a small bowl and set aside. Add chicken to bag, two pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the artichokes, mushrooms and broth. Add wine or additional broth to reserved flour mixture until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCompany Chicken with Artichokes
"This was good with marinated artichokes and using the marinade instead of the wine. I doubled the amount of liquid and served on rice."