This plain cheesecake is anything but ordinary! The marvelously rich filling is terrific with the pecan-laden crust. My brother gave me the recipe. —Donna Bucher, Tirane, Albania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 70 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans and lemon zest, cut in butter until crumbly. Combine egg yolk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 400° for 8-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Fill a 13x9-in. baking dish with 8 cups water; place on lowest oven rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Add the flour, vanilla and salt. Combine eggs and egg yolks; add to cream cheese mixture just until combined. Beat in cream just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake on middle rack at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until center is almost set (top of cheesecake will crack). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.