Company Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 12 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 10 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or until brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 210 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2018
My sister-in-law made this recipe years ago for a Thanksgiving get together. Since then, it has become a permanent addition to both me and my husband's sides at Thanksgiving dinner. I'm taking it to a Friendsgiving get together this Friday (by request)! I usually triple or quadruple the recipe!
Dec 27, 2015
I came across this recipe many years ago & now it's on the menu every Thanksgiving or Christmas (or both)! The green olives do add a pizazz to the dish. Remember, because of the bacon & the olives, go easy on the salt. I've converted non-Brussel sprout eaters into believers after trying this recipe. Enjoy!
Jan 31, 2013
This is a good recipe. My family loves this vegetable and this was a nice variation.
Nov 13, 2012
My sister gave me this recipe quite a while ago and asked me to make it for Thanksgiving. Grudgingly, I did it, because I am not a fan of brussel sprouts. Well, that sure changed. This recipe marries such great flavors and every year, I am specifically asked to bring this dish. Now I make it for other occasions, and it is a hit.
Nov 24, 2009
I modified the recipe by parboiling the brussels sprouts and carrots along with the salt and Mrs. Dash and used bacon bits. The dish was very tasty and I will definitely make it again.