- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 dozen brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 10 stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch salt
- In a skillet, fry bacon just until cooked. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCompany Brussels Sprouts
"I came across this recipe many years ago & now it's on the menu every Thanksgiving or Christmas (or both)! The green olives do add a pizazz to the dish. Remember, because of the bacon & the olives, go easy on the salt. I've converted non-Brussel sprout eaters into believers after trying this recipe. Enjoy!"
"This is a good recipe. My family loves this vegetable and this was a nice variation."
"My sister gave me this recipe quite a while ago and asked me to make it for Thanksgiving. Grudgingly, I did it, because I am not a fan of brussel sprouts. Well, that sure changed. This recipe marries such great flavors and every year, I am specifically asked to bring this dish. Now I make it for other occasions, and it is a hit."
"I modified the recipe by parboiling the brussels sprouts and carrots along with the salt and Mrs. Dash and used bacon bits. The dish was very tasty and I will definitely make it again."