My family has passed down this recipe for generations, mother to daughter and grandmother to grand-daughter. I grew up looking forward to this special treat everytime I went to visit my grandmother and she would always make me some on special occasions and holidays. Since then, it has become my turn to carry on the legacy and the tradition and soon it will be time to pass the recipe on to my daughter, just like it was passed on by my grandmother and mother to me.
- 1 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- 1 graham cracker pie shell
- 1 8-ounce container of Cool-whip
- 1 cup of walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup of coconut
- Combine can of pineapple and container of Cool-whip in a bowl and stir together until creamy. Pour the mixture into the graham cracker pie shell and chill in refrigerator overnight to let it set up. Yield: serves 10