International Chocolate Day is September 13th! Celebrate with an indulgent chocolate-chai cocktail that’s sure to awaken your senses, courtesy of VillaKuyaya Chocolate. Want to learn more about the makers? Check out the Salon du Chocolat New York show this fall where VillaKuyaya will join over 100 exhibitors from around the globe to create a one-of-a-kind two-day chocolate experience! Reserve your ticket today at: http://salonduchocolat19.com/tickets *Courtesy of Chef Fabian Pauta at VillaKuyaya
- 1/12 oz chocolate liquor
- 2 oz chai infused cream
- 2 oz chocolate syrup
- Salted caramel powder, for garnish
- VillaKuyaya 80% Masala Chai chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake. Strain into martini glass. Garnish with caramel powder or chocolate shavings. Variation: top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- *Chocolate Liquor: Steep 2 cups Villakuyaya nibs in 2 cups 100 proof liquor (vodka, ever clear, etc) for 4- 5 days. Strain through sieve.
- *Chai Infused Cream: Add 2 cups heavy whipping cream to a heavy saucepan on medium heat. Once it comes to a boil, add 4 teabags or 4 heaping tablespoons of chai tea. Remove saucepan from heat. Let steep for 20-30 minutes and remove teabags.
- *Chocolate Syrup: Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, and slowly whisk in 1/2 cup VillaKuyaya 80% chocolate chips until a smooth consistency. Yield: serves 1