My grandmother used to make these bars for my brother and I when we were kids. It was our favorite dessert. Now, I make these amazing bars for my friends and family. They are rich, delicious and perfect with a tall glass of milk!
- 2 cups of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of dry roasted peanuts
- 1 lb caramels
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Layer 1: Melt 1 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter chips and stir. Spread evenly into baking dish.
- Layer 2: With a rolling pin, crush the dry roasted peanuts and set aside. For 5 minutes, boil and stir constantly in a saucepan: 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup peanut butter. Take off stovetop and add marshmallow creme and vanilla. Mix together and spread over previous layer in dish. Take the reserved peanuts and sprinkle over this layer.
- Layer 3: Melt the caramels with water in a saucepan. Stir constantly. When melted, drizzle over the peanuts.
- Layer 4: Repeat the first layer: Melt 1 cup of milk chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of butterscotch chips, and 1/4 cup of peanut chips. Spread on top evenly.
- Optional: Sprinkle more crushed peanuts over the top. Cut into bars and serve. Enjoy! Yield: serves 10