I have been making this recipe for years. It is a Thanksgiving and Fall season staple. This recipe won a Blue Ribbon for me in the Cookie-Bars division at our County Farm Fair. You would never know you were eating baby carrots! These are a family favorite.
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups of vegetable oil
- 3 small jars of carrot baby food
- Combine all ingredients with electric mixer. When well blended fold in:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1-3/4 cups of powdered (10xx) sugar.
- Combine all ingredients until smooth. Spread on cooled carrot bars. Let frosting set before frosting.
- Pour batter into prepared jelly roll pan or 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until center springs back when touched. Frost with cream cheese frosting when cool. Cut into bars. Yield: serves 10