My husband began craving cupcakes a few months ago and I asked him what kind he liked. He just wanted white cake with white icing. Very boring in my opinion but I made them anyways. I then began to use a variety of extract flavors and such to see if he might like them. He loved my Banana pudding cupcakes. It started out with me just wanting to use my overripened bananas and by accident it actually had a pudding flavor. These cupcakes take me back to my childhood where the favorite southern dessert was banana pudding with vanilla wafers. I hope you like them.
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
- Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Malibu Pina Colada Mix
- 1 tsp banana extract
- 2-3 bananas, over-ripened, diced
- 1 ready-made Buttercream Icing tub
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with paper baking liners.
- Slowly mix in eggs, oil, pina colada mix and cake mix.
- Add banana extract.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fold in diced bananas.
- Fill baking liners 2/3 full and bake for 19 minutes.
- Cool, then frost.
- Frosting Recipe: Add 1 tsp of banana extract to Buttercream, stir thoroughly.
- After frosting cupcakes- add 1/2 moon banana or 1/2 moon vanilla wafer Yield: serves 10