This hot chocolate is so delicious it could substitute as your dessert after dinner. It warms your body and soul with a terrific blend of chocolate, mint, Dulce de Leche, and cinnamon. Topped with marshmallows, this is the perfect treat, on a cold day. Easy enough to prepare a single serving in the microwave or a large pot in a slow cooker for parties and larger gatherings. The peppermint crunch baking chips used in this recipe not only add such an amazing richness and flavor to the hot chocolate but give it a beautiful festive red color. This recipe will make 4 large 10 ounce servings.
- 6 cups of water, or non fat milk, or whole milk
- 2 packs of Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate mix or any brand you like of instant hot chocolate (you could also use sugar free or fat free if you like those brands)
- 6 tbs Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- 4 tbs Dulce de Leche, or fat free, sugar free caramel syrup
- 4 single serving packs of Truvia
- 4 pinches of ground cinnamon
- 32 marshmallows, I used Kraft Jet Puffed Snowman Mallows mini marshmallows french vanilla flavored
- If preparing in slow cooker, add to your pot, peppermint baking chips, Dulce de Leche, Truvia, and water or milk. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours covered stirring occasionally. Stir then poor into your mugs, top each serving with about 8 marshmallows and a pinch of cinnamon.
- You can also prepare this in the microwave if you like. Just put your water or milk in your microwave safe mug, in the microwave and heat until it is as hot as you would like it. Then add the rest of your ingredients and stir. Yield: serves 4