Comforting Creamy Banana Pudding
"Our family has made this comforting old-fashioned treat a tradition for holidays, birthdays and Sunday dinners," writes Kelly Shealy of Barnwell, South Carolina.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 34 vanilla wafers
- 3 large firm bananas, sliced
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream. Fold in whipped topping until well blended. Place half of the vanilla wafers in an 11x7-in. dish. Top with half of the pudding mixture, half of the bananas, then remaining wafers, bananas and pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 210 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Originally published as Creamy Banana Pudding in Light & Tasty October/November 2002
Jun 11, 2015
I have made this several times & we love it, especially the grandkids. It is easy to make, too!
Jul 2, 2012
You've got to be kidding, right? Southern--England or Australia?