Comforting Cranberry Apple Crisp Recipe
"My mother was a great cook who loved to entertain. This warm and comforting crisp was one of her favorite recipes," says Mary Bachman Foltz of Wolcottville, Indiana. with a buttery golden topping, it's an irresistible ending to a holiday dinner or informal gathering.
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, sugar and flour; spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the cornflakes, pecans, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over apple mixture. bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup: 260 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Comforting Cranberry Apple Crisp
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC