- 2 quarts water
- 8 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not drain. Add soup and chicken; heat through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream. Sprinkle with minced parsley. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forComforting Chicken Noodle Soup
"So glad we tried this recipe...the flavor is so yummy and comforting. We added the sour cream, as well as a dash of garlic powder and some minced onions. We used precooked, pre-sliced chicken strips to make the dish even faster. I would like to add sliced celery, carrots and onions and will next time. A great dish, especially during the colder months. Thanks for posting!"
"What a tasty and simple recipe. This is comfort food at it's best for the cold weather!"
"This gets five stars for ease of preparation and common ingredients. It has been a staple in our home for years...ever since it was first published. I often add a can or two of chopped green chiles to give it a little oomph. It is comfort food of the highest order."
"I've made this several times.......and have been told it's the best chicken soup they've ever had !! I don't even bother with the sour cream. It's tasty without it. I do saut? celery and onions and use chicken broth instead of the bouillon and always use rotisserie chicken. It's excellent !!! Yes, the noodles soak up the liquid, so you may want to add a little broth, if you like it soupier.Otherwise, it's sooooo good! Thank you for posting. It's an easy and quick dinner and I love that people rave about it. : )"
"This is very good, my family enjoyed it. It wasn't very soup like though, so I added more stock because it was thick."