VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Place carrots in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese and onion. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with potato chips.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Comforting Carrot Casserole in Country Woman February/March 2008, p8