Colorful Veggie Saute
"A low-fat meal doesn't skimp on flavor with this tasty saute on its side. The medley of squash and other garden-fresh ingredients is brightened by the hearty steak seasoning." —Pamela Stewart, Belcher, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash, onion, mushrooms, green pepper and carrots in butter until crisp-tender.
- Add the spinach, steak seasoning and garlic salt; saute 3-4 minutes longer or just until spinach is wilted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 51 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Veggies in Country Woman August/September 2008