Colorful Veggie Medley Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
If you don't have the time for the Colorful Veggie Medley to simmer in a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients and spoon into a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for about 1 hour, uncover for the last few minutes of baking.
1 each: 289 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 19g protein.