Colorful Veggie Medley
When my freezer or garden is bulging with vegetables, I bring out the slow cooker to make this dish. My mother found the recipe in an area newspaper. - Kerry Johnson, Decorah, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through.
If you don't have the time for the Colorful Veggie Medley to simmer in a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients and spoon into a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for about 1 hour, uncover for the last few minutes of baking.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 289 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Colorful Veggie Medley in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book