Colorful Veggie Coins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place carrots, squash and cauliflower in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 1 minutes. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables; dot with remaining butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 47 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
May 24, 2012
So flavorful! My son and husband did not like the cauliflower, but enjoyed all the other veggies. Will definitely make again!
Apr 6, 2012
I loved this! The best part was the cauliflower, for its softness, but everything was nice and flavorful.
Aug 27, 2011
Excellent side dish - full of flavor.
Aug 1, 2010
Very good, light flavor and tender veggies! I also added broccoli that I had on hand.
Jul 22, 2010
Very tasty. I had to bake mine a little less time otherwise they were too mushy. Loved the flavor and color medley! Have made this time and time again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.