This fresh-tasting mixture is so pretty and tasty—and a great way to enjoy your garden's bounty. A sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds adds a pleasant crunch to the savory saute. I love to cook and find that trying out new recipes for my large collection is one of my favorite "jobs"!
Recommended: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute peppers, zucchini and carrots in oil for 5 minutes. Add cabbage, salt and pepper; saute 1 minute longer. Combine vinegar and water; pour over the vegetables. Saute 3 minutes more. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; cook and stir for 1 minute. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Vegetable Saute in Country Woman January/February 2000, p33