Colorful Vegetable Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 2 to 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Place beans and peppers in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with tomatoes, cheese and zucchini. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, salt, cayenne, eggs and milk just until moistened. Pour over the vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 146 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Apr 22, 2013
My family really enjoyed this with a roasted chicken. I made this despite not having green beans or fresh tomatoes, I used canned tomatoes. Next time I think I'll use pepper jack cheese and mexican spiced canned tomatoes. The recipe is easily adapted for personal taste.
Jul 22, 2012
Watery in the bottom and very little seasoning/flavour
Mar 24, 2010
This was a good dish and we din't even add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt because of a low sodium diet. Thanks for the recipe Betty! Will be making this again!