In Kansas City, Missouri, Lee Bremson gives fun crunch to a combination of fruit and mixed greens by sprinkling it with macadamia nuts. "The vinaigrette enhances the taste of the salad without adding lots of extra calories," she notes.
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup white grape juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 large fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first five ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate until serving. set aside 2 tablespoons of dressing. Place the greens in a salad bowl and drizzle with remaining dressing. Top with strawberries, kiwi and onion; drizzle with reserved dressing. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Tossed Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p8