Colorful Tomato ‘n’ Mozzarella Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium yellow tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium red tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Arrange spinach on a platter; top with tomato and cheese slices. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 132 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 6, 2013
So yummy! I chopped it all just to make it easier to dish and eat. Everyone loved it!
Aug 4, 2010
I don't like any type of salad dressings. it was still great--and simple to make. The fresh basil really makes this delicious.
Aug 26, 2009
Skipped the spinach, just because I didn't have any. Still made a great side salad.