My mother-in-law came across this recipe while studying home economics in college. We have always celebrated birthdays and special occasions with these tacos. Radishes and peas are unique additions.—Anita Byars, Geff, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Seasoned salt
- 4 cups shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup shredded radishes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) peas, drained and mashed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Spread beef over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Fold tortillas over meat; press to seal. In a greased 10-in. skillet, brown tortillas in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Unfold tortillas. Top with cheese, radishes, onion, peas and tomatoes; fold up. Serve with hot pepper sauce.