Colorful Stuffed Pork Chops
For an eye-catching entree, Elizabeth Jussaume of Lowell, Massachusetts grills pork chops filled with a colorful corn, pimiento and green pepper stuffing.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 6 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 10 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cubed bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in pockets. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add the bread cubes, corn, egg substitute, pimientos, cumin and remaining salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff into pork chops; secure with toothpicks.
- Lightly grease the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium indirect heat for 12-15 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145° for meat and 160° for stuffing. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.