Colorful Shrimp Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) cocktail sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1/3 cup cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Fresh rosemary and cilantro, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Spread on a 12-in. round serving platter to within 2 in. of edge. In a bowl, combine the cocktail sauce and shrimp; spread over the cream cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, green pepper, tomato and onions. Garnish with rosemary and cilantro if desired. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 158 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 8, 2014
Wished I could give this recipe 10 stars...Been making this for many years and passed on the recipe so many times. Still a favorite in my household! Thanks for Sharing it with us all.
Jul 15, 2012
I found that the tomato made it too runny. Next time I will omit the tomato, and substitute red bell peppers for the green.
May 6, 2011
My family absolutely loves this spread. I never tried it with can shrimp I always used frozen shrimp and cook them myself. The light seasoning on the shrimp and the ingredients from the spread makes a tasty combination.