- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) cocktail sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1/3 cup cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Fresh rosemary and cilantro, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Spread on a 12-in. round serving platter to within 2 in. of edge. In a bowl, combine the cocktail sauce and shrimp; spread over the cream cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, green pepper, tomato and onions. Garnish with rosemary and cilantro if desired. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Reviews forColorful Shrimp Spread
"Wished I could give this recipe 10 stars...Been making this for many years and passed on the recipe so many times. Still a favorite in my household! Thanks for Sharing it with us all."
"I found that the tomato made it too runny. Next time I will omit the tomato, and substitute red bell peppers for the green."
"My family absolutely loves this spread. I never tried it with can shrimp I always used frozen shrimp and cook them myself. The light seasoning on the shrimp and the ingredients from the spread makes a tasty combination."