Colorful Pork and Noodles
Chopped tomato and green peppers spruce up this moist pork dish shared by Quick cooking's home economists.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (1 pound) wide egg noodles
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a pressure cooker, saute green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. Brown pork in pressure cooker over medium-high heat; drain. Stir in the broth, onion, wine or broth, garlic and pepper.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 12 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat; immediately cool according to a manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Stir tomato and reserved green pepper into the pork mixture. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into pork mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in sour cream and browning sauce if desired. Drain noodles; serving with pork mixture.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested at 10/13/15 pounds of pressure (psi).
Originally published as Colorful Pork and Noodles in Quick Cooking March/April 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.