- 3 each large green, sweet red and sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 18 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine peppers and tomatoes. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forColorful Pepper Salad
"I have been making this for some time now and just did so again because peppers were plentiful. This is a beautiful and very tasty recipe but...after the first time I made it, I decided I could surely use even a "store-bought" dressing. I always add the red onions but other than that and the peppers and cherry tomatoes, I have added a cup of sweet & sour dressing which we liked. Then another time instead of the sweet and sour, I added a raspberry vinagrette. We voted for the sweet and sour. One other note...this is not a good dish to take to a picnic where there is only plastic silverware OR to a carry-in where people have to balance their plate on their lap or anything. You do have to cut the peppers with your knife when eating. Pretty as it is, it's awkward to eat."