Colorful Peanut Butter Crackers
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 48 butter-flavored crackers
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Cake decorator holiday shapes
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat cream cheese on high for 15 seconds or until very soft. Add peanut butter and honey; stir until smooth. Spread over half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Heat milk; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Dip each cracker sandwich in chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; decorate as desired. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 13, 2012
I made these today.....very good and easy too! The little ones as well as the grown-up devoured the plate of these crackers I put out! I did not put the cream cheese in the filling, and these are still great! As I read in another review, I too did not add the milk to the chocolate coating. It came out perfect! I'll be making these alot!
Nov 8, 2012
I have made these for years! My son lives on the other side of the USA from me and this is his favorite cookie-I send them to him for Christmas and other special days...he says he does not get homesick as long as I send his "faves"..
Oct 26, 2012
I made this recipe using the large size of ChezIts making them 3 high You'll be surprise The taste just like a Butterfinger!!!
Oct 26, 2012
Another winner! Amazingly simple to prepare, yet so professional in appearance... and absolutely scrumptious!
Oct 23, 2012
I am not sure why you say to add the milk. My chocolate and shortening was perfect until I added the milk, then it seized. I fixed that but it wouldn't hold to the cracker. I was really not happy about that because it wasted the chocolate chips. I should have gone with my instinct to just use chocolate and shortening. I am mainly writing this so that others will be forewarned.
Oct 23, 2012
The cream cheese & honey are a added touch but not neccessary. I have made these for a long time with just peanut butter & dipped in almond bark/candy coating(choc or white choc)
Oct 29, 2011
you'll need twice the amount of chocolate if you want a nice smooth look.
Oct 27, 2009
works out great for a cookie walk!!