- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 48 butter-flavored crackers
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Cake decorator holiday shapes
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat cream cheese on high for 15 seconds or until very soft. Add peanut butter and honey; stir until smooth. Spread over half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Heat milk; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Dip each cracker sandwich in chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; decorate as desired. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forColorful Peanut Butter Crackers
"I made these today.....very good and easy too! The little ones as well as the grown-up devoured the plate of these crackers I put out! I did not put the cream cheese in the filling, and these are still great! As I read in another review, I too did not add the milk to the chocolate coating. It came out perfect! I'll be making these alot!"
"I made this recipe using the large size of ChezIts making them 3 high You'll be surprise The taste just like a Butterfinger!!!"
"Another winner! Amazingly simple to prepare, yet so professional in appearance... and absolutely scrumptious!"
"I am not sure why you say to add the milk. My chocolate and shortening was perfect until I added the milk, then it seized. I fixed that but it wouldn't hold to the cracker. I was really not happy about that because it wasted the chocolate chips. I should have gone with my instinct to just use chocolate and shortening. I am mainly writing this so that others will be forewarned."
"The cream cheese & honey are a added touch but not neccessary. I have made these for a long time with just peanut butter & dipped in almond bark/candy coating(choc or white choc)"
"you'll need twice the amount of chocolate if you want a nice smooth look."
"works out great for a cookie walk!!"