Colorful Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute zucchini and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, cheese, milk, basil and mustard.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring often. Drain macaroni; toss with vegetable cheese sauce.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 511 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1087mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 16, 2016
Canned soup? Add a pinch of cheap to it.
Feb 2, 2015
As far as I'm concerned, there is no "bad" macaroni and cheese. My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe, and I didn't have to feel quite so guilty eating it because of the veggies.
Aug 19, 2013
My husband is on a low fat diet. Therefore had to modify recipe a bit. Used no fat cheddar cheese and Healthy Request cheddar cheese soup. Have made this several times....very good!
Feb 11, 2013
Added diced carrots and red bell peppers, plus some left over taco meat. This is such a nice change from the Blue Box, and made enough for 6 large servings.
Oct 22, 2012
this was a great change to the normal mac n cheese
Sep 19, 2012
We found this terribly bland and simply flavorless. I'm afraid I won't make this again.
Sep 12, 2010
Made this recipe today for lunch. It was very easy and fast to make.
Jul 22, 2010
This was delicious!! I don't usually like tomatoes but they were really good in this too!