- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute zucchini and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, cheese, milk, basil and mustard.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring often. Drain macaroni; toss with vegetable cheese sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forColorful Mac 'n' Cheese
"Canned soup? Add a pinch of cheap to it."
"As far as I'm concerned, there is no "bad" macaroni and cheese. My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe, and I didn't have to feel quite so guilty eating it because of the veggies."
"Added diced carrots and red bell peppers, plus some left over taco meat. This is such a nice change from the Blue Box, and made enough for 6 large servings."
"this was a great change to the normal mac n cheese"
"We found this terribly bland and simply flavorless. I'm afraid I won't make this again."
"Made this recipe today for lunch. It was very easy and fast to make."
"This was delicious!! I don't usually like tomatoes but they were really good in this too!"