Colorful Grilled Veggies
"I put this combination together one day when trying to serve a side dish other than mushrooms in butter," recalls Susan Jesson of Oro Station, Ontario. "Everyone loves this pleasantly seasoned medley and asks for the recipe."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Divide the vegetables between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 51 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Colorful Grilled Veggies in Quick Cooking November/December 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.