Colorful Greek Orzo Salad Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large serving bowl; add the corn, red pepper, tomatoes, olives, onion, basil and parsley. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Grill extra corn on the cob to use for this salad; it will enhance the flavor. About four ears will give you 2 cups of corn.
3/4 cup: 210 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Colorful Greek Orzo Salad
"This was very nice. I used canned corn. It held up very well. Nice colour. I would make this again."