Colorful Greek Orzo Salad
The herbs and vegetables give this fresh-tasting pasta salad a colorful appearance, while the dressing adds a nice gloss. —Diane Werner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large serving bowl; add the corn, red pepper, tomatoes, olives, onion, basil and parsley. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Grill extra corn on the cob to use for this salad; it will enhance the flavor. About four ears will give you 2 cups of corn.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 210 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Greek Orzo Salad in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.