Colorful Garden Salad
Red radishes, tomatoes and onion rings are tossed together with contrasting green cucumbers and mixed greens to make this pretty salad. The dressing is sweet and flavorful.—Mary Malchow, Neenah, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 to 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced and quartered
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 teaspoons vinegar
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Top with bacon.
Originally published as Colorful Garden Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.